Lonely –former- angel of the lord is broken
Alright this is my view of last episode of Supernatural. This episode was almost one of the episodes so far that had only two storylines . I mean , in last few episodes we had over two storylines in one single episode and that make them a little harsh , but this one was good for its speed.
First things first : last few episodes of season always freaks me out! It kinda hurts because we have too many things going on and big things happen all at the same time and its hard to focus on anything.
Ok, I’m gonna say the things that I liked or hated in this episode! So here we go:
1- at first , I’m gonna mention the music. Music is one of the elements in a movie or in tv show that’s very effective and important . and it did its best in this episode to make the scenes more touchable. Like opening of the episode where Kevin is practicing cello and meanwhile Sam and dean are working. Again. Or the ones which is playing during Cas and dean scene. So in this episode , music was one of the main characters too
2. in this ep , we saw the new Cas. The castiel who lifted all that physic pains of Sam into his and we were wondering how the angel will be reacting right now. I have to say , the new cas was amusing and sad and innocent looked , all in one place. I mean , his dialogs were funny but when you watch for the second time you’ll find them so sad. And in every little word that he said , he didn’t literally mean it , he was kind of hiding himself behind that amusing mask and he tried to not think about whatever he did to the boys and to the world.
I thought at first that Cas saying that he now sees everything like route of flowers and like “everything” was not so good. Because I never thought that taking pains from someone who has been in Hell , means that an angel casn be free and see everything and watch bees. But I kind of think now , maybe , it is good enough punishment for castiel. I mean , he did a lot to the world lately and I think he deserved punishment. But I don’t know. Like I said , this episode was too heavy to sink down. It will take days.
3. I liked the new prophet. He was good and acted well by the actor , because that how you should act when you are wise student and you get your ass ripped in the Supernatural world , which you didn’t even think about it before. Kevin was so in character and I just liked that moment when he screamed : what is happening?!
4.although I don’t like Meg , but I have to say Cas’s caring about her is kind of funny and amusing. I mean , he actually cares about her and she about him. I dunno what will happen to them . but the whole thing that she saved cas was great while the Winchesters were just standing there.
5. Sadly and shockingly I liked those new angels. Not Hester of course but Inias was kind of good and he was just like Castiel in season 4 , the obedient solider. But the whole thing about Hester, that she said Cas is like this because of Dean was too harsh! Wait sister, you’re the ones that pulled Dean out of hell! It’s not his problem! But I think the whole Hester thing was just because of that big hate some angels have upon humans. Like Uriel did.
6.i don’t like the boys trusting Meg. After all she is a demon! They want us dead, we want them dead. I don’t think she is helping guys because of the Crowley blah blah crap. She is a demon and even if she does have a thing for Cas , I don’t think she would be doing any help for the Winchesters. She better not!
7.ok , I think I said my the things that I liked , but I’m gonna mention some random stuffs I just LOVED about this episode and not in the order.
- I loved Castiel’s talk with dean. In this scene they are playing the game named “SORRY!” but they are actually playing it in that moment. Cas playing sorry in real life, or not caring about the rules that he didn’t make and everything. wow, this scene is just too much heavy to handle. The looks on Misha and Jensen’s face during this scene is just too freaking great. And then BOOM! Dean tosses the game board on the ground! I just kind of died that time and then Cas’s look. Omg , I can’t do this anymore.
- Cas and Sam dialog was good too. Things Cas said was kind of double sides, I think I can’t trust this broken cas anymore. I don’t know what to think or feel about this new side. Maybe…I don’t know. All I know is that this scene is great too. And then there is Sam , the boy who always forgives and gives his hearts to his friends. I think he kind of learnt his lessons about losing family and friends and not caring about them more than dean. No I’m not saying that Dean should forgive cas just right away but hey! What is all this angst on dean?! He haven’t smile for a while? What the hell? Ok , all I’m saying is that , Sam and dean were in character for once and they did whatever we expect them to do.
- And one last scene that almost broke my heart was the scene where Hester and Inias came to boys and cas to take Kevin. The things that Hester said , the panic look on Cas’s face and in his behavior and confessing that he is the one who is responsible for all this mess. And then, Hester beating up Cas was just too much. And the look on Castiel’s face , like he wanted it to be all over , I think he even was smiling and he wanted it. Damn this scene is so sad.
About the actors, I would say, the actor who played Kevin (which I forgot his name damn it!) was awesome, like I said he was totally in the character and knew how to play it. So he got 3.5 out of 4.
About Jensen, I would say , although I don’t like his reactions lately , but in this episode , he was great. He acted so well and the scenes he had with Cas , just look at his face , he kind of looks sad to me ,when he sees Cas screwing around like that. That’s my idea, anyway. Jensen was great. He’ll get, well , almost 4 out of 4!
I can’t say so much about Jared , because this ep was not obviously a Sam-based episode , most likely it was cas-dean and leviathan blah blah. Sadly these last episodes are all about other things and not the main characters (including Castiel!) anyway, Jared was good like always, but not great. So , let’s give him 3.5 out of 4.
What can I say about Misha? You all know I LOVE this guy so much , but can you please look at this new side of a character again?! He is cas , but not cas! He is different and you can definitely see it in Misha’s acting. He was well acted by showing his feelings towards dean or Sam or even meg . You could see it exactly. So, Misha get a 4 out 4 again! Cuz he is fuckin brilliant!
Ok here it ends. I loved this episode, it was heavy, it was amusing, it reveled too many things and some new myths, it showed different sides of characters and their deeply relationship and how they deal with things. And it needs more than one time watch. Trust me, it does.
+ My favorite dialogs:
- ” I was their captain, isn’t that strange?” Castiel
- “I don’t fight anymore, I watch the bees.” Castiel
-“I’m sorry dean ” – “No you’re playing Sorry.” Dean & Castiel
-“The Angels, they don’t care. I think maybe they just don’t have the equipment to care. Seems like when they try, it just breaks them apart.” Dean
-“I know you never did anything but trying to help, I know that Cas, and I’m grateful for that , we all are , but we’re gonna find a way to make you better , no matter what it takes.” – What do you mean better?” Sam & Castiel
-“These are strange times” – “I think they always have been” Castiel and Inias